1. An overview of data protection
The following information will provide you with an easy to navigate overview of what will happen with your personal data when you visit this website. The term „personal data“ comprises all data that can be used to personally identify you. For detailed information about the subject matter of data protection, please consult our Data Protection Declaration, which we have included beneath this copy.
Data recording on this website
Who is the responsible party for the recording of data on this website (i.e. the „controller“)?
The data on this website is processed by the operator of the website, whose contact information is available under section „Information Required by Law“ on this website.
How do we record your data?
We collect your data as a result of your sharing of your data with us. This may, for instance be information you enter into our contact form.
Our IT systems automatically record other data when you visit our website. This data comprises primarily technical information (e.g. web browser, operating system or time the site was accessed). This information is recorded automatically when you access this website.
What are the purposes we use your data for?
A portion of the information is generated to guarantee the error free provision of the website. Other data may be used to analyse your user patterns.
What rights do you have as far as your information is concerned?
You have the right to receive information about the source, recipients and purposes of your archived personal data at any time without having to pay a fee for such disclosures. You also have the right to demand that your data are rectified or eradicated. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time under the address disclosed in section „Information Required by Law“ on this website if you have questions about this or any other data protection related issues. You also have the right to log a complaint with the competent supervising agency.
Moreover, under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data. For details, please consult the Data Protection Declaration under section „Right to Restriction of Data Processing.“
Analysis tools and tools provided by third parties
There is a possibility that your browsing patterns will be statistically analysed when your visit this website. Such analyses are performed primarily with cookies and with what we refer to as analysis programmes. As a rule, the analyses of your browsing patterns are conducted anonymously; i.e. the browsing patterns cannot be traced back to you.
You have the option to object to such analyses or you can prevent their performance by not using certain tools. For detailed information about the tools and about your options to object, please consult our Data Protection Declaration below.
This website is hosted by an external service provider (host). Personal data collected on this website are stored on the servers of the host. These may include, but are not limited to, IP addresses, contact requests, metadata and communications, contract information, contact information, names, web page access, and other data generated through a web site.
The host is used for the purpose of fulfilling the contract with our potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) and in the interest of secure, fast and efficient provision of our online services by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO).
Our host will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfil its performance obligations and to follow our instructions with respect to such data.
Execution of a contract data processing agreement
In order to guarantee processing in compliance with data protection regulations, we have concluded an order processing contract with our host.
3. General information and mandatory information
The operators of this website and its pages take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Hence, we handle your personal data as confidential information and in compliance with the statutory data protection regulations and this Data Protection Declaration.
Whenever you use this website, a variety of personal information will be collected. Personal data comprises data that can be used to personally identify you. This Data Protection Declaration explains which data we collect as well as the purposes we use this data for. It also explains how, and for which purpose the information is collected.
We herewith advise you that the transmission of data via the Internet (i.e. through e-mail communications) may be prone to security gaps. It is not possible to completely protect data against third party access.
Information about the responsible party (referred to as the „controller“ in the GDPR)
The data processing controller on this website is:
ForestFinest Consulting GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0) 228 969 1190
The controller is the natural person or legal entity that single-handedly or jointly with others makes decisions as to the purposes of and resources for the processing of personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses, etc.).
Designation of a data protection officer as mandated by law
We have appointed a data protection officer for our company.
ER Secure GmbH
In der Knackenau 4
Revocation of your consent to the processing of data
A wide range of data processing transactions are possible only subject to your express consent. You can also revoke at any time any consent you have already given us. To do so, all you are required to do is sent us an informal notification via e-mail. This shall be without prejudice to the lawfulness of any data collection that occurred prior to your revocation.
Right to object to the collection of data in special cases; right to object to direct advertising (Art. 21 GDPR)
IN THE EVENT THAT DATA ARE PROCESSED ON THE BASIS OF ART. 6 SECT. 1 LIT. E OR F GDPR, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AT ANY TIME OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BASED ON GROUNDS ARISING FROM YOUR UNIQUE SITUATION. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO ANY PROFILING BASED ON THESE PROVISIONS. TO DETERMINE THE LEGAL BASIS, ON WHICH ANY PROCESSING OF DATA IS BASED, PLEASE CONSULT THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION. IF YOU LOG AN OBJECTION, WE WILL NO LONGER PROCESS YOUR AFFECTED PERSONAL DATA, UNLESS WE ARE IN A POSITION TO PRESENT COMPELLING PROTECTION WORTHY GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA, THAT OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS OR IF THE PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING IS THE CLAIMING, EXERCISING OR DEFENCE OF LEGAL ENTITLEMENTS (OBJECTION PURSUANT TO ART. 21 SECT. 1 GDPR).
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS BEING PROCESSED IN ORDER TO ENGAGE IN DIRECT ADVERTISING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AT ANY TIME OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR AFFECTED PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH ADVERTISING. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS AFFILIATED WITH SUCH DIRECT ADVERTISING. IF YOU OBJECT, YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL SUBSEQUENTLY NO LONGER BE USED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES (OBJECTION PURSUANT TO ART. 21 SECT. 2 GDPR).
Right to log a complaint with the competent supervisory agency
In the event of violations of the GDPR, data subjects are entitled to log a complaint with a supervisory agency, in particular in the member state where they usually maintain their domicile, place of work or at the place where the alleged violation occurred. The right to log a complaint is in effect regardless of any other administrative or court proceedings available as legal recourses.
Right to data portability
You have the right to demand that we hand over any data we automatically process on the basis of your consent or in order to fulfil a contract be handed over to you or a third party in a commonly used, machine readable format. If you should demand the direct transfer of the data to another controller, this will be done only if it is technically feasible.
SSL and/or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as purchase orders or inquiries you submit to us as the website operator, this website uses either an SSL or a TLS encryption programme. You can recognise an encrypted connection by checking whether the address line of the browser switches from „http://“ to „https://“ and also by the appearance of the lock icon in the browser line.
If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Information about, rectification and eradication of data
Within the scope of the applicable statutory provisions, you have the right to at any time demand information about your archived personal data, their source and recipients as well as the purpose of the processing of your data. You may also have a right to have your data rectified or eradicated. If you have questions about this subject matter or any other questions about personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time at the address provided in section „Information Required by Law.“
Right to demand processing restrictions
You have the right to demand the imposition of restrictions as far as the processing of your personal data is concerned. To do so, you may contact us at any time at the address provided in section „Information Required by Law.“ The right to demand restriction of processing applies in the following cases:
- In the event that you should dispute the correctness of your data archived by us, we will usually need some time to verify this claim. During the time that this investigation is ongoing, you have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- If the processing of your personal data was/is conducted in an unlawful manner, you have the option to demand the restriction of the processing of your data in lieu of demanding the eradication of this data.
- If we do not need your personal data any longer and you need it to exercise, defend or claim legal entitlements, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data instead of its eradication.
- If you have raised an objection pursuant to Art. 21 Sect. 1 GDPR, your rights and our rights will have to be weighed against each other. As long as it has not been determined whose interests prevail, you have the right to demand a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, these data – with the exception of their archiving – may be processed only subject to your consent or to claim, exercise or defend legal entitlements or to protect the rights of other natural persons or legal entities or for important public interest reasons cited by the European Union or a member state of the EU.
4. Recording of data on this website
In some instances, our website and its pages use so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain viruses. The purpose of cookies is to make our website more user friendly, effective and more secure. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and stored by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called „session cookies.“ They are automatically deleted after your leave our site. Other cookies will remain archived on your device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser the next time you visit our website.
You can adjust the settings of your browser to make sure that you are notified every time cookies are placed and to enable you to accept cookies only in specific cases or to exclude the acceptance of cookies for specific situations or in general and to activate the automatic deletion of cookies when you close your browser. If you deactivate cookies, the functions of this website may be limited.
Cookies that are required for the performance of the electronic communications transaction or to provide certain functions you want to use (e.g. the shopping cart function), are stored on the basis of Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in storing cookies to ensure the technically error free and optimised provision of the operator’s services. If a corresponding agreement has been requested (e.g. an agreement to the storage of cookies), the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR; the agreement can be revoked at any time.
If other cookies (e.g. cookies for the analysis of your browsing patterns) should be stored, they are addressed separately in this Data Protection Declaration.
Server log files
The provider of this website and its pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser communicates to us automatically. The information comprises:
- The type and version of browser used
- The used operating system
- Referrer URL
- The hostname of the accessing computer
- The time of the server inquiry
- The IP address
This data is not merged with other data sources.
This data is recorded on the basis of Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The operator of the website has a legitimate interest in the technically error free depiction and the optimization of the operator’s website. In order to achieve this, server log files must be recorded.
Request by e-mail, telephone or fax
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax, your request, including all resulting personal data (name, request) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. We do not pass these data on without your consent.
The processing of these data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, if your request is related to the execution of a contract or if it is necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on your consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR) and/or on our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR), since we have a legitimate interest in the effective processing of requests addressed to us.
The data sent by you to us via contact requests remain with us until you request us to delete, revoke your consent to the storage or the purpose for the data storage lapses (e.g. after completion of your request). Mandatory statutory provisions – in particular statutory retention periods – remain unaffected.
Registration on this website
You have the option to register on this website to be able to use additional website functions. We shall use the data you enter only for the purpose of using the respective offer or service you have registered for. The required information we request at the time of registration must be entered in full. Otherwise we shall reject the registration.
To notify you of any important changes to the scope of our portfolio or in the event of technical modifications, we shall use the e-mail address provided during the registration process.
We shall process the data entered during the registration process on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. a GDPR).
The data recorded during the registration process shall be stored by us as long as you are registered on this website. Subsequently, such data shall be deleted. This shall be without prejudice to mandatory statutory retention obligations.
5. Analysis tools and advertising
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider of this service is Google Ireland Limited („Google“), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. Cookies are text files, which are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of the use of the website by users. The information generated by cookies on your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies and the utilization of this analysis tool are based on Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The operator of this website has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user patterns to optimize both, the services offered online and the operator’s advertising activities. If a corresponding agreement has been requested (e.g. an agreement to the storage of cookies), the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR; the agreement can be revoked at any time.
You do have the option to prevent the archiving of cookies by making pertinent changes to the settings of your browser software. However, we have to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their fullest extent. Moreover, you have the option prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and affiliated with your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Objection to the recording of data
You have the option to prevent the recording of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This will result in the placement of an opt out cookie, which prevents the recording of your data during future visits to this website: Google Analytics deactivation.
For more information about the handling of user data by Google Analytics, please consult Google’s Data Privacy Declaration at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
6. Plug-ins and Tools
Google Web Fonts (local embedding)
This website uses so-called Web Fonts provided by Google to ensure the uniform use of fonts on this site. These Google fonts are locally installed so that a connection to Google’s servers will not be established in conjunction with this application.
Via an API, this website uses the mapping service Google Maps. The provider is Google Ireland Limited („Google“), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
To enable the use of the Google Maps features, your IP address must be stored. As a rule, this information is transferred to one of Google’s servers in the United States, where it is archived. The operator of this website has no control over the data transfer.
We use Google Maps to present our online content in an appealing manner and to make the locations disclosed on our website easy to find. This constitutes a legitimate interest as defined in Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR.
For more information on the handling of user data, please review Google’s Data Privacy Declaration under: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
7. Custom Services
We offer website visitors the opportunity to submit job applications to us (e.g. via e-mail, via postal services on by submitting the online job application form). Below, we will brief you on the scope, purpose and use of the personal data collected from you in conjunction with the application process. We assure you that the collection, processing and use of your data will occur in compliance with the applicable data privacy rights and all other statutory provisions and that your data will always be treated as strictly confidential.
Scope and purpose of the collection of data
If you submit a job application to us, we will process any affiliated personal data (e.g. contact and communications data, application documents, notes taken during job interviews, etc.), if they are required to make a decision concerning the establishment or an employment relationship. The legal grounds for the aforementioned are § 26 New GDPR according to German Law (Negotiation of an Employment Relationship), Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. b GDPR (General Contract Negotiations) and – provided you have given us your consent – Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. a GDPR. You may revoke any consent given at any time. Within our company, your personal data will only be shared with individuals who are involved in the processing of your job application.
If your job application should result in your recruitment, the data you have submitted will be archived on the grounds of § 26 New GDPR and Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. b GDPR for the purpose of implementing the employment relationship in our data processing system.
Data Archiving Period
If we are unable to make you a job offer or you reject a job offer or withdraw your application, we reserve the right to retain the data you have submitted on the basis of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO) for up to 6 months from the end of the application procedure (rejection or withdrawal of the application). Afterwards the data will be deleted, and the physical application documents will be destroyed. The storage serves in particular as evidence in the event of a legal dispute. If it is evident that the data will be required after the expiry of the 6-month period (e.g. due to an impending or pending legal dispute), deletion will only take place when the purpose for further storage no longer applies.
Longer storage may also take place if you have given your agreement (Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR) or if statutory data retention requirements preclude the deletion.
8. Information obligations for external parties
In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data for 1. offers, 2. archiving of customer files related to sales, 3. order confirmations, 4. evaluation of customer feedback, 5. backups, 6. operation of web server, 7. applications (email/post), 8. cloud services (Saas), 9. private CO2 compensation, 10. CO2 calculator, 11. CRM system without merchandise management, 12. document management, 13. email correspondence, 14. external consultants, 15. financial accounting, 16. business partner contact data, 17. website contact form, 18. customer correspondence, 19. newsletter dispatch, 20. invoices, 21. scans of external documents, 22. phone system, 23. contract management.
Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, telephone number.
1. Contact details of responsible person and data protection officer
The person responsible pursuant to Article 4(7) GDPR is
ForestFinest Consulting GmbH represented by Dirk Walterspacher and Andreas Schnall
Eifelstr. 20 53119 Bonn
Phone: +49 (0)228 969 1190
The company data protection officer of ForestFinest Consulting GmbH can be reached at the above address, for the attention of the data protection officer, or at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Purpose and legal basis of data processing
Possible consequences of not providing the data are:
The purpose of the data processing cannot be fulfilled.
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation of the controller.
The processing is necessary for pre-contractual measures at the request of the data subject.
Legitimate interest (weighing of interests) if interests worthy of protection do not stand in the way (especially for children).
The person’s consent for one or more purposes is verifiable.
Further processing will only take place if you have given your consent or if there is legal permission.
3. Categories and individual bodies of recipients of personal data
(1) Within our company, only those parties who need your data to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations will have access to it. These parties are trained accordingly and are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data.
(2) In addition, we may transfer your personal data to other recipients, such as authorities, courts, social security institutions to fulfill statutory notification obligations or to persons with a duty of professional secrecy (such as tax advisors, lawyers), to the extent necessary to comply with legal requirements or to protect our legitimate interests.
(3) In order to fulfil contractual or legal obligations, we partly use external service providers based in the European Economic Area to process your data. These service providers have been carefully selected by us, commissioned in writing and are bound by our instructions. They are checked by us on a regular basis. The service providers will not pass this data on to third parties, but will delete it after fulfilment of the contract and the conclusion of statutory storage periods, unless you have consented to further storage. We use the following external service providers:
tänzermedien GmbH, Nikolausstraße 5, 53119 Bonn, Germany
CRM and Zeiterfassung:
Teamleader GmbH, c/o WeWork, Kurfürstendamm 11, 10719 Berlin, Germany
IT and HR:
ForestFinance Service GmbH, Eifelstraße 20, 53119 Bonn, Germyn
IT: SIWA Bürotechnik Vertriebs GmbH, Bebelstraße 7, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
TPG Treuhand Klein, Zeidler & Partner mbB, Mary-Anderson-Straße 6, 53332 Bornheim, Germany
DATEV eG Paumgartnerstrasse 6-14, 90429 Nuremberg, Germany
NRML GmbH, Großstraße 10, 55566 Bad Sobernheim, Germany
It may be necessary to transfer your personal data to a service provider in a third country in order to check and fulfil contractual obligations. In principle, this transfer only takes place to a third country if the EU Commission has confirmed an appropriate level of data protection in accordance with Article 45(3) GDPR, or if the service provider can prove a data protection guarantee (e.g. binding internal company data protection regulations or EU standard contract clauses) or if the transfer is based on your consent. We can provide you with this proof on request. A transfer of personal data to third countries can also occur without a decision on adequacy, but only under the conditions of Art. 49(1) GDPR.
(4) We maintain current technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data. These are adapted to the current state of the art in each case.
4. Duration of data storage
We will delete your personal data as soon as they are no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes. We draw your attention to the fact that personal data is stored for the period in which claims can be asserted against our company and insofar as we are legally obliged to do so. Statutory periods of limitation or storage obligations resulting from commercial and tax law regulations, among other things, may be taken into consideration. After expiry of these periods, the collected data will be deleted or blocked if deletion is not immediately possible.
- The storage period for the Offers procedure is thereafter 6 years.
- The storage period for the procedure archiving customer files sale is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the order confirmation procedure is thereafter 6 years.
- The storage period for the procedure evaluation of customer feedback is thereafter 3 years.
- The storage period for the backup procedure can be inferred from the abovementioned procedures.
- The storage period for the web server operation procedure is thereafter 2 years.
- The storage period for the application procedure (email/post) is thereafter 10 years with the explicit consent of the applicant. Otherwise the data will be deleted 2 months after cancellation.
- The storage period for the Cloud Services (Saas) procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the private CO2 compensation method is thereafter 6 years.
- The storage period for the CO2 calculator method is thereafter 6 years.
- The storage period for the procedure CRM system without merchandise management is thereafter 10 years after the last active communication.
- The storage period for the procedure document management can be inferred from the abovementioned procedures.
- The storage period for the e-mail correspondence procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the External Consultants procedure is thereafter:
immediately after withdrawal of consent.
- The storage period for the financial accounting procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the contact data business partner procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the contact form website procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the customer correspondence procedure is thereafter 6 years.
19 The storage period for the newsletter dispatch procedure is the duration of the desired registration.
- The storage period for the invoice procedure is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the procedure scan of external documents is thereafter 10 years.
- The storage period for the phone system procedure is thereafter 6 years.
- The storage period for the contract management procedure is thereafter 10 years.
5. Data protection rights of the data subject
(1) You have the right at any time to request information about your personal data stored (Article 15 GDPR) at the above address. In addition, you have the right to demand correction under the conditions of Article 16 GDPR, deletion under the conditions of Article 17 GDPR and restriction of processing under the conditions of Article 18 GDPR. Furthermore, under the conditions of Article 20 of the GDPR, you may request data transmission at any time, provided that the data is still stored.
(2) If we process your personal data to protect a legitimate interest (Article 6(1) sub-section 1 letter f) GDPR), you may object to the processing of your personal data at any time in the future. In the event of objection, we shall refrain from any further processing of your data for the aforementioned purposes unless there are compelling reasons worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or are necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
(3) If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent until revocation (Article 7(3) GDPR).
(4) In addition, you have the possibility of making a complaint to the responsible supervisory authority for data protection issues. The supervisory authority responsible for our company can be reached at:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen Kavalleriestraße 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany. Phone: +49 (0)211/38424-0 Fax: 0211/38424-10 Email: email@example.com Homepage: http://www.ldi.nrw.de
(5) If we carry out an automated decision about an individual case without any human intervention, you will be informed that you have the right under the conditions of Article 22(3) GDPR to receive further information as well as a statement about this decision, and to get it reviewed by an employee.
6. Contact and updating of information obligations
All information, requests for information, revocations or objections regarding data processing should be sent by email to our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the above address for the attention of the data protection officer. These information obligations may be amended at a later date as a result of changes, e.g. in the legal provisions.