ForestFinest Consulting is specialized in afforesting arid areas by drip irrigation with pre-treated sewage water.
The degradation of soil, the desertification of whole landscapes as well as food and water shortage is a huge challenge for arid regions around the world. Additionally, the un-coordinated disposal of waste water is not only a dissipation of valuable resources in those part of the world, but creates serious hazards for human health and the environment.
ForestFinest Consulting offers an alternative: Our approach makes use of the resources which have not yet been effectively tapped – arid land and sewage water. For our customers, we plant and irrigate new forests and produce renewable and valuable resources, such as high value timber, biomass, carbon credits or biofuel. We have already shown that this is possible with a thought through management combining the most innovative management techniques with scientific knowledge and more than ten years of practical experience in afforestation in arid regions. We support you to green the desert and to create values in arid areas.
Together with key scientists of TU München, we combine pioneer knowledge, decades of experience, necessary manpower and international contacts to efficiently implement and manage outstanding and successful forest projects in arid and desert regions.
- Afforestation in arid areas in the MENA Region
- Forest inventory, Forest management plan and Economical Assessment of community driven projects in Ethiopia
Contact us for more information or a proposal.
Brochure and Factsheet:
Factsheet: Consulting services in arid areas
Brochure: DesertTimber - Afforestation in arid areas
We support our customers to develop and implement a business model customized to their needs and to implement site-adapted projects in arid areas, including forestry (plantation of mixed forests with Gmelina, Teak, African Mahogany, Acacia, Neem, Eucalyptus etc.), oil plants (such as Ricinus, Jatropha, Acrocomia or Jojoba) and agriculture components.
Design & Feasibility
- Development of investment plans
- Feasibility assessments and design of site-adapted integrated land use concepts including reforestation, agriculture and oil plant components
- Financial potential and yield analyses
- Selection of feasible sites
- Communication and matching with relevant actors within the region (ministries, legal authorities etc.)
Implementation & Operation
- Development of land use management plans (e.g. nursery management, monitoring, planting, maintenance and harvesting)
- Establishment of irrigation systems
- Capacity building & training
- Supervision and quality assessments for investors
- Recruitment of technical and scientific experts
- Mapping and geodata management
Optimization & Certification
- Inclusion of alternative benefits into management plan (non timber forest products, biofuel production, agriculture components etc)
- Certification (FSC, Gold Standard etc.)
- Impact assessments (social, biodiversity etc.)
- Timber tracking systems to comply with FLEGT, EU Timber Regulations and Lacey Act